martes, 24 de marzo de 2015

Causative Case - Have/Get+Sth+PastParticiple

LOS VERBOS CAUSATIVOS - The Causative Case 
My parents are having the walls painted

We use "have / get + object + past participle (-ed / 3rd C IrrVbs)" when we arrange for someone else to do a service for us. If we want to identify the person doing the service, we use "BY ...." (by Peter).

Examples:
My parents are going to have the house painted
Have you had your computer repaired yet?
I want to get my hair cut this afternoon.
I'm getting my hair cut!! WOW!
My mobile crashed yesterday, so I had it checked. ( Se me colgó el movil ayer, asi que hice que lo miraran/comprobaran)

In summary, "Expresan acciones que se encargan a alguien o que las hacen por ti". Tiene un poco de sentido pasivo ya que el sustantivo que va en medio recibe la acción del verbo que va en participio, pero se suele traducir en voz activa. GET es más informal que HAVE por lo que su uso en la calle o por la gente es más común.

Shall we practice some sentences?: Click on the following link:
CAUSATIVE CASE activity

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Comentarios con palabras inadecuadas no serán incluidos.